Sunday, April 22, 2007

God Alone Gives Wisdom, Knowledge and Happiness

"A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment? To the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God"

人には、食べたり飲んだりし、自分の労若に満足を見いだすよりほかに、何もよいことがない。これもまた、神の御手によることがわかった。実に神から離れて、だれが食べ、だれが楽しむことができようか。なぜなら、神は、みこころにかなう人には、知恵と知識と喜ぶを与え、罪人には、神のみこころにかなう者に渡すために、集め、たくわえる仕事を与えられる。これもまた、むなしく、風を追うようなものだ。

Ecclesiastes 2:24-26 (In Bahasa: Pengkotbah)

Once again, through several occasions God reminds me to remember that Money, Power and Knowledge would not give me a meaningful life nor a true victory – it would be a chasing after wind.

Everything I undertake should involve God. All my plans should include Him. For only when God is the reason for my behavior; only when God is the purpose of my victory and only when I do what God wants me to do – my life would be meaningful.

Without His wisdom, all of my best efforts and pursuits can be a snare in life.
Without His wisdom, what would I do with my knowledge and would it lead me and my family to the true happiness?

Only God alone gives us wisdom, knowledge and happiness.

No comments: