Friday, September 21, 2007

Globally Local - Locally Global

A few weeks ago, I wrote a comment in one of Indonesian blog about posting article in English and Bahasa. He wrote that writing in Bahasa is much easier but he wants to reach more readers for particular stories. So I commented to try writing in both languages. Bahasa for something that simple, merely Indonesian and too local. At the end I said be globally local and locally global. GLLG is a common term in internet and portal world. This four words actually represent a global vision, bringing something global to local people and bringing something local to global people.

Think about McDonald and Kentucky Fried Chicken, is it a GL or LG? In my case, GLLG!
When I am in Jakarta, it is GL and it is LG when I am in Tokyo. I guess I am hungry! Anyone wants to eat?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Deputy Prime minister has come up with what you wrote some time ago. He created a new term glocal. short fo globally local. so with your term locally global it will be loglo. Hmmmm. let me see...does it make sense?

waliz said...

someone please give me a panadol? just kidding..good thought

Anonymous said...

hi.. thanks for dropping by my blog..

becoming global is the key.. ;)

silken said...

interesting, and good way of presenting it

3POINT8 said...

This is the 1st time I heard of GLLG... Very interesting meaning behind it!
Man, this is so profound!!

Anonymous said...

First time I heard that any way is a good idea too.. BUT have to spend more time for blogging..

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggest, i'll try to write in Bahasa Indonesia and english.